ARMSTRONG, IOWA, January 20, 2014 – With the acquisition of Universal Harvester, Art’s Way Manufacturing Co., Inc. (NASDAQ: ARTW), a leading manufacturer and distributor of agricultural machinery, now offers pickup reels for combines and swathers.
Since the early 1940’s, Universal Harvester has engaged exclusively in the manufacture and sale of pickup reels. The company is based in Ames, Iowa.
“With its history of manufacturing high-quality reels and dedication to customer service, Universal Harvester is a welcome addition, said Brian Crouch, Director of Sales and Marketing of Art’s Way. “This acquisition is highly complementary to our existing operations and product lines.”
Universal Harvester’s current pickup reel, the U-II Series 200, is available in 10-foot to 36-foot widths for Massey, Case IH, Gleaner, New Holland, Claas and John Deere combine headers as well as for most makes of swathers. The reels are used in the US, Canada and numerous foreign countries.
Designed to be both lightweight yet rigid, the UHC U-II reels put less demand on reel lift and hydraulic drive systems while providing a more uniform cutter/bar/tine clearance across the entire header for a closer setting. Longevity and safety were also key factors during the design phase.
• One-piece teardrop-shaped aluminum reel bats provide reliability and maximize strength and overall rigidity of the reel while handling crop more gently to reduce shatter.
• A non-wrapping design with 170-degree flip-over bat action reduces reel wrap, so there is less downtime removing tangled material.
• An improved heat-treated cast steel cam ring and double row mean less time is required for repairs and maintenance.
• Replaceable sealed ball bearings at the pivot points don’t require lubrication, so less time is spent on routine maintenance.
• Unmatched operator visibility helps the user avoid obstructions and reduces chances of damage to the reel. Reel bats are anodized black to prevent light reflection.
About Art’s Way Manufacturing Co., Inc.
Art’s Way manufactures and distributes farm machinery niche products including animal feed processing equipment, sugar beet defoliators and harvesters, land maintenance equipment, crop shredding equipment, round hay balers, plows, hay and forage equipment, manure spreaders, reels for combines and swathers, and top and bottom drive augers, as well as pressurized tanks and vessels, and modular animal confinement buildings and laboratories. After-market service parts are also an important part of the Company’s business. The Company has three reporting segments agricultural products; pressurized tanks and vessels; and modular buildings. It has seven manufacturing facilities, which are located in Iowa, Ohio, and Ontario.
For more information on Universal Harvester by Art’s Way reels, visit our website www.uhcreels.com or call toll free 800-535-4517.